The grid wall that you see appearing is a safety measure called Guardian system that will let the person in VR know that they are approaching the edge of the safe area.
This can occur if the play area is too small and you are getting too close to the boundary that had been drawn out during initial setup. If that is not the case, you can try the following troubleshooting steps below to see if that solves the issue:
- The Oculus software needs to be updated
- One or both the sensors are facing the wrong way or have been moved / re positioned after initial setup.
- Make sure that the reflective side of both the sensors are facing toward the play area where the patient will be facing as both the front and back of the sensors look identical.
- If the sensors have been moved you will need to run the full setup.
- Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
- Select Devices in the left menu.
- Click Configure Rift and then select Sensor Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your new sensor.