(Support for the Steelseries controller will be discontinued on 1/2019)
You will need to update the firmware on the device in order to do this all you will need to is download and install the software here.
- Remove the batteries and connect the controller to the computer with a usb-c cable **usb port is located in the battery compartment and is visible once the batteries are removed.**
- Once the software is open, connect the gamepad you will then be prompted to update the controller’s firmware.
- After the firmware has been updated you will need to go back to the phone and remove the controller for the list of paired devices. You can do this by swiping down from the top of the screen and and the press down on the Bluetooth icon for about 1 second. You will now see a list of devices. Select the one that is labeled Steelseries and press "Unpair"
- Once the device is unpaired swipe down from the top of the screen again and the press down on the Bluetooth icon for about 1 second. **note that scan mode on the phone only lasts for about a 30 seconds and you will need to re-scan if "Stop" (upper-right) changes to "Scan" Your phone will search for nearby devices make sure that you have pressed the pairing button on the controller (top-left) you will know that you have enabled pairing mode by the indicator LED indicators alternating (left / right). Once the gamepad has been paired you will receive a notification on the phone that the it is now paired as an input device and the LED indicators flash on and off at a much quicker rate.
- If you start Vivid Vision Home and and determine that it is not responding when you press the A button you can restart the phone and that will usually resolve the issue.