Follow the suggestions below:
Check the status of the Leap Motion Sensor
Locate the Leap icon at the bottom right Windows Taskbar. Open the Leap control panel/visualizer. The colors listed indicate:
- — Leap Motion controller is not plugged in or Leap Motion not detected.
- — Normal operation of Leap Motion controller and software.
- — A smudge or contamination is interrupting the Leap Motion Controller sensor window.
- — Tracking suspended due to a low frame rate. Check the USB connection and insert the Leap Motion controller into a different USB port or insert the controller directly into a USB port on the computer. Avoid connecting the Leap Motion to extender USB hubs or cables.
- — Leap Motion frame rate is below the acceptable threshold. “The Avoid Poor Performance” option in the Leap Motion Control Panel is turned off. Tracking continues with reduced reliability.
- — An update is available for the Leap Motion software. Open the Leap Motion Control Panel to install the update.
We do not recommend plugging in the Leap Sensor device via a USB Hub. The Leap will not receive enough power and/or the USB bandwidth associated with the Hub may not be sufficient for the device to work effectively.
Checking the connection
1. Check to see if 3 infrared LED emitters on the face of the Leap Motion sensor and the green power LED on the side of the sensor (facing the floor) is operating. Check for updates. Open the Leap Motion Control Panel and select “Check for Updates” Once the software has been updated the Leap sensor icon will turn green. If still disconnected, processed to step 2.
2. Verify that the ends of the cable are securely connected to both the Leap Motion sensor (mounted on front of headset) and the PC by removing and reinserting each end of the cable connectors. If no Leap Motion notifications indicated by your Windows desktop (lower right) have connected, proceed to step 3.
3. Verify the USB port is viable. Select another USB port and cable to see if there are any changes in the Leap icon or Windows USB connectivity notification. You may need to turn the sensor on by selecting "Resume Tracking" by /right-clicking the Leap Motion Control Panel icon (select “up arrow” next to system time).
4. Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877 877 0310 if the steps above do not resolve the issue.
If you are using a USB hub with your Leap Motion Controller connect the controller directly into the computer.