To get SideSync working with the Gear VR follow the instructions below
***Important*** For Home users with Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, and Note 8 model phones only
- From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right) or swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap the Build number field 7 times. (This unlocks Developer options.)
- Tap the Back arrow (located in the upper left).
- Tap Developer options. (at the bottom of the settings list)
- Scroll down and under the Drawing section and tap Simulate Secondary Displays, then tap 480p (Secure)
- Now, a small screen will have popped up on the device in the corner, if it is in the way, drag it elsewhere. It will NOT show up in the VR Headset or on the computer monitor
- Download and install SideSync from the Google Play store onto your phone (located here)
- Open SideSync on your phone and on your computer. On the desktop under the SideSync window the select Phone Screen.
- You'll notice your phone's screen is blank, this is because 'Presentation Mode' is disabled. At the top of the SidSync desktop window is a [down arrow] icon click it and enable Presentation Mode. You should now see a the phone's screen displaying on the SideSync desktop app.
- Launch Vivid Vision Home and put on the Gear VR headset. You should now see the headset's output on your desktop monitor.
- Once you are done using the screen mirroring feature you can turn off the floating display window on your phone by following steps 6 and 7 and tap None.