For Oculus Rift (CV1):
The grid wall is a safety measure called the Guardian System that will let the person in VR know that they are approaching the edge of the safe area.
This can occur if the play area is too small or you are getting too close to the boundary that had been drawn during initial setup. Please follow the following steps.
- The Oculus software needs to be updated.
- One or both sensors are facing the wrong way or have been moved/re-positioned after initial setup.
- Make sure that the reflective side of both the sensors are facing toward the play area where the patient will be facing.
- If the sensors have been moved you will need to run the full setup.
- Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
- Select Devices in the left menu.
- Click Configure Rift and then select Sensor Setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your new sensor.
To reconfigure the Guardian system on Rift S:
- In the Oculus app on your PC, Select Settings from the bottom toolbar.
- Select Guardian in the left menu.
- Click Set Up Guardian.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Guardian.
Click here to view a helpful video about the Guardian setup.