1. Verify that the controllers are turned on and charged. Below are the various states that the controllers can be in when turned on. You want to make sure that the LED indicator is "Green" while using Vivid Vision with the Vive hand controllers.
- Green: Your HTC Vive controller is ready for use.
- Blue: Your HTC Vive controller is currently in pairing mode and searching for a headset.
- Blinking blue: This indicates the controller is in 'Pairing mode'. This is used to pair to a headset and can be activated by pressing the 'App' and 'System' buttons simultaneously.
- Blinking red: This state indicates the controller has a low battery.
- Orange: This color is only shown while charging the controllers. After fully charging, the controller LED will change to white.
- Off: The controller LED will be off when your controller isn't powered on.
2. Make sure that the Steam VR app dashboard shows the controllers as being on and tracked (green icon). If you see a grey icon it means that the controller is ether off, not currently tracked / in view of the base stations,, or in pairing mode. Please refer to the controller status LED indicator list verify the mode of operation the controller is in.
3. If Steam VR shows that the controllers are being tracked and you can see them when you put on the headset but no longer appear after launching Vivid Vision you might need to update the Steam client by following the steps below.
- Launch Steam
- Click File
- Click Check for Steam Client Update…
- Steam will identify whether an update is available and apply automatically.
4. If an update is required Steam will download and install the required update and restart. If Steam indicates that client is up to date please contact support at or 877 877 0310 or create a support request here.